Sell A Home
Sell your home in five steps
At Marie Leonard Real Estate Services, we’ll:
1. Prepare a comparative market analysis based on our extensive knowledge of Vancouver neighbourhoods and market information.
2. Advise you how to spruce up and stage your home to maximize its value.
3. List your home through the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), a database of properties for sale and advertise your home on www.royalpacific.com; www.realtylink.org, www.MLS.ca and on http://www.marieleonard.com.
4. Access our network of 800+ Royal Pacific Realty REALTORS® and our 9,300 colleagues through the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver to quickly locate potential buyers and make appointments for them to see your home. We’ll advertise and host “REALTOR® Open houses” and public open houses to showcase your home to the widest range of buyers.
5. Advise you of all offers received, help you understand your options, adopt a negotiation strategy and negotiate on your behalf.
For more information www.recbc.ca/consumer/publications.htm
Should you sell or buy first?
It can be a balancing act, deciding whether to sell your current home and then buy or find your future home first, make an offer (which might be subject to the sale of your current home), and then put your put your home on the market.
Both have pluses and minuses.
If you sell first, you may end up pressed for time, looking for a suitable home to buy. If you buy first, you may end up worrying whether you will sell your home – and get the best value – in time, so you don’t have to carry two mortgages.
Marie Leonard Real Estate Services can help you with an organized approach to buying and selling a home.
We help determine how much your current home is worth.
If you’re planning to upsize, we’ll provide referrals to mortgage professionals to determine exactly what you can afford.
We’ll look for homes in the neighbourhood where you want to live and keep you informed when properties come onto the market.
We’ll do a comparative market analysis based on our in-depth market knowledge, list your home for sale and advertise it to the widest range of clients. We’ll negotiate of your behalf to get the best possible price.
If your home sells before you have located another home, we’ll do our best to postpone the closing date so you’ll have time for home hunting.
In the end, Marie Leonard Real Estate Services are here to work with you, and to make buying and selling your home go smoothly and efficiently.